A new pet site that's coming to town...Or world.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Something weird

Go down 

Would you like a god for zerapia or keepers of the planets?
I would like a god
22%
 22% [ 4 ]
I would like keepers
33%
 33% [ 6 ]
I like both
33%
 33% [ 6 ]
I don't know
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
I hate the idea
6%
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Nightdragon
Head Artist

PostSubject: Something weird   Mon May 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Nightdragons weird ideas, part 1 Oo;

Zerapia is a full world/ dimension/ universe, is it? And so - I was thinking, that a god would be nice. Yes, a god. Something like the mighty guard of Zerapia...
Why I come up with this? I don't know really, why. But now I like the idea. I don't know any pet-site, that have a god for their worlds... And we want to be special, or? Of course, this god is not only somewhere in the universe of Zerapia, you can interact with it.
So, there are two ways of interacting with it: praying of course. Praying would be good for the poorer users. When they are really poor and they pray on the statue of the god, they may get help (money/ items). Only for poor users, otherway it would be more unfair than a help!
Immolation: The users should be also able, to immolate items/ money. Maybe they will get once something nice back? But I guess, this is only one way...
The god itself should have a image. What I hate on rescreatu: They have guardians of their planets, but none have a image. This is very sad. I want to see the guardians, not only read of them. So, maybe we could design something really wise, powerful and mystic/ magical looking?
I would suggest something sky-based, animal-like. A huge/ long body, maybe some wings. Some rings, amulets, catenas, necklaces and so on would look impressive, I guess. It should be able, to do magic.

If the god is too different for you, maybe we could do planet-keepers then? Things, that base on the planet they live on, perfect adapted to it? For example, on the spirit-planet (Ruach?) there could be some kind of - Ghost-like thing? Looking very spiritual/ magical?
I would suggest, that you can't fight against those keepers. You may could meet them, but fighting would gradate them to the level of the bosses. And I guess, the planet-keepers should be different looking to the bosses.

Okay, those was my weird ideas ^^; Maybe you like it, maybe you hate it, maybe it is impossible (but nothing is impossible XD). Just tell me... It was a random thought of mine, and I liked it, but maybe I'm wrong with that.
If you all like the idea, I would do a first sketch of the god (or the keepers). Or maybe you can add new points to this suggestion?

I hope, that there are not too many typos?! I tried my best...

I guess, I should add a poll. Let's see, how it turn out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charunoth.deviantart.com
Cimerii
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Mon May 19, 2008 3:17 pm

if we do have use the god idea though... I'd like to create a small (or large if y'all let me) pantheon (pantheon= family of gods just in case no one knew... Razz)... but I like that idea... each god (or guardian if we go with that) could be different (different personality, powers, etc...) maybe even have them give quests? *shrug* but I like the idea (as I've said twice now... rofl!) and the possibilities with this! Twisted Evil

If it's nearly impossible, then it's quite clearly possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swolfe
Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Mon May 19, 2008 4:09 pm

Oo. I love the idea. I don't think they should be "gods" though. They sound a little too invincible and invincible beings are no fun in plots XD

Building on the quest idea, they should probably be random and rare. Maybe a 2 on the rarity scale, 1 being uberly extremely rare. They could raise stats or give items in return.

One guardian for each planet and perhaps there could be one ultimate guardian who requests rarer items but grants better rewards. 1 on the rarity scale XD

I think all keepers/gods/guardians should have some quality that has to do with their planet and if there was some great god, then they could probably have a mix of all.

This is such a fantastic idea, but we'll have to be EXTREMELY careful with this. I think most petsites don't have gods/gaurdians because they try to avoid bringing religion into their worlds as each religion differs and has different beliefs. We can't make it seem too Christian/Jewish/Islamic etc. because there may be a few who are religious and may be offended by accident...

I'm all excited now XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cimerii
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Mon May 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Soul wrote:
Oo. I love the idea. I don't think they should be "gods" though. They sound a little too invincible and invincible beings are no fun in plots XD

I find invincible things quite fun to play with in stories... they can suffer so much more than mortals... Twisted Evil

anyway... I've played many games with actual gods and such and have never heard of anyone actually having a problem with that... personally though... if someone's offended by a god in a game then that person is far too close minded... and possibly has issues...

(excuse the rant)

regardless of what we choose... the guardians/gods will be invincible simply cause they're so much more powerful than any pet you could get... Razz hmm... as to how rare they'll be... *shrugs* I gots nothing... Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swolfe
Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Mon May 19, 2008 6:17 pm

Wow, Cim, you are evil XD Aight then. I'll good with gods then if everyone else is good with gods. More supernatural beings can be discovered/created when the site's up perhaps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zee
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Mon May 19, 2008 8:18 pm

I rather like the God idea. =3

Rather than the Christian/Jew/Islam thing, I would think it'll be more like the Greek God type of thing? =3
Cimmi can have the exciting job of creating how they all connect to each other and their personalities.

As for how they're so invincible and such, mythology is great fun. They get punished the most since if they make a mistake, then they have to live forever knowing that. ;3 It's not like they can't be punished...=3

NightDragon, if you'd like to sketch the gods, you're welcome to. =3 I don't know what I'd do without you. @_@ *huggles*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zerapia.forumhope.com
Swolfe
Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Mon May 19, 2008 8:29 pm

Oo. Yes. Greek gods and goddesses. Now that i think about it, it would be a fun plot if gods' and mortals' fates were entwined. I was thinking of a more mortal vs. mortal plot though and if there were gods, they could just swoop in and smite who they like and that's pretty anitclimatic... >.> But then again, gods take sides don't they so it wouldn't be that easy. the gods should have a law or something about not interfering with mortal affairs. ... Even though they... give them quests XD I'm confuses myself. *shuts up*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cimerii
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Mon May 19, 2008 8:43 pm

what would end up is that there would be an equal number of good and evil gods to balance things... and a few odd ones for fun... Razz but gods do interfere with human life... hmm... when bug is done with the plot I'll take a look as to where I can throw this in without it messing anything he's done up... I'm quite sure I can find some loophole science trick that will work for what we need... it's always fun to mix fantasy and science fiction like that!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swolfe
Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Mon May 19, 2008 9:15 pm

Okay... That makes sense since we have some pretty evil looking planets in Zerapia XD It would basically be Hades vs. Zeus thing or Titans vs. Gods. And the poor mortals are caught in the middle, being manipulated and sacrificed... Hm, interesting. This is providing more options than I'd thought.

Cimmi can have a chance to excercise that evil brain of his XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightdragon
Head Artist

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Tue May 20, 2008 6:33 am

Sounds like you like the idea ^^ Great!

Yeah, god may sound high... but I was first thinking on the power, that created the universe of zerapia. But then there have to be a devil as well... Good and evil, black and white. Always together, but I guess, thats too far away from all and is more religious tan I wanted...

Hm, the greek gods are too human-based in my oppinion... there zerapia is a petsite, the gods/ keepers should be more animal-based. So, I would choose the mythology of the greeks, not the actual gods. Creatures like Hydra (my fave XD), Skylla, Chimera, Pegasus and so on. But maybe we should mix it up... So, there are evil and good keepers. And some are anthro (greek example: Minotaur, Centaur) and some more animal-like (chimera, hydra).
And so, now I have to ask: How many keepers should be there? Actually for every planet one... but which planets would own evil and which good keepers? Or should every planet have a good and a evil one?

But albeit, if we now choose a single god or many smaller ones: I would suggest, that the users are not able to fight against them. Would be mean XD Such a mighty thing, fighting against a weak pet... I guess I know, who would win.
Maybe you noticed in my last post in the old Zerapia-forum, that I was working on a God-dragon? And a Demon-dragon was in the concepts. I planned something special with them, but it is not necessary. They are something special: When you reached a special goal, you will meet the Goddragon or the Demon. They are mighty fighters, both of them. But no keepers at all. When you manage it, to win the battle, you would get a special item... or only a trophy. I guess, a good reason for meeting one of those two would be, to win all battles against the bosses.
Another weird idea, I know -_-;

But that was my idea, too. The keepers should be a kind of "little" gods, everyone owns a planet.
Now, good and evil are always great fun to design. Especially the evils! I love evil gods/ keepers Twisted Evil
O.k., I will make a few concepts of the god and the keepers. Lets see, how this turn out ^^ I'm optimistic!
Back to top Go down
Amber
Graphic Artist

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Tue May 20, 2008 7:20 am

Yeah, i think we should have like one big good who is neither good or evil... he/she could just makes sure that all the planet Gods are doing there job... And i think it would be a good idea to have a good and evil god per planet.

By the way, how many planets are there going to be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightdragon
Head Artist

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Tue May 20, 2008 12:13 pm

This would be my version of the keeper of... how is this water-ice-planet called again? However, this would it be. I guess, it is more evil than nice...
It have tentacles around its head, long teeth, 4 fin-like ears, a mane, many rings of every size, many fins, glowing signs on body, "light-bulb" on the head (from the deeper sea fishes) and some bandages... This is concept no.1

(5 minute Pc-sketch, don't expect a high-quality-pic! This is only, to show you, what I imagine)
Concept No.2. I thought of a raven-like thing. A raven with steel-wings and steel-armor. With big wings which missing a few feathers and some rings in them. 2 bloodred gems in the feathers of the neck and one in the middle of its back, where the shoulders meet. They can glow (maybe when it is in rage). It have a scaled lion-tail with a scorpiondorn at the end. The feathers are very long at the crest, the bottom of the neck and its belly. But the real special is: it has two heads. Both are scaled. The colors would be: a white body with black heads. Some black stripes on the neck, black legs and claws. The one head has blue, the other red eyes (or green and the other yellow). The steelarmor and -wings are black (black metal). The claws and wings are hidden in violett/ bluish mist.
Maybe it is some kind of soulreaver... the scorpiondorn is not poisened: when it hits something living, the soul is "dead". It never will get reborn. Thats why it is feared.
Name-suggestions: Incuba (incubus, latin: nightmare), Praedonis (latin, reavers), Corvus (latin, raven), Chadelon, Chratus, Yrdanuhr (last 3 don't have a sence)
But where it could live I don't know.

O.k., those where my 2 first suggestions for keepers. Maybe you like them, or you have to add things... or you don't like them.

Last edited by Nightdragon on Tue May 20, 2008 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cimerii
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Tue May 20, 2008 1:20 pm

well... rather than have the keepers per planet... why not have them able to work throughout the worlds? sure a few could be more powerful on certain worlds... a fire keeper would not find Tora (the ice/water world) very preferable... and a sea keeper wouldn't like Thuxor (the desert world)... and yes... this is a petsite... so the keepers should either be anthros or animals... Razz
I think I'm gonna focus on making the few odd ones... the ones that aren't evil or good... I've got an idea on what to base my first one on...

Finished my first one:

Madness/neutrality Keeper- Vesnia
An old Chinese style beard and mustache that’s rainbow colored (like this:
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:mwD6zMzbvJkQjM:http://www.houseofchuckles.com/lf/28-0104.gif)
Carries a single oak cane
Hair on head is half white, half black
Eyes have a spiral design in them (no pupil, iris, etc… (whatever colors fit best))
Wears a purple cape
Always grinning madly (eyes open wide with big smile sort of deal)
Unarmored
Female Monkey
Tail has gold, and silver rings on it

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swolfe
Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Tue May 20, 2008 6:10 pm

... O__O I don't even know how many planets there are an what they're called XD xD

I can't really see the first god properly. It looks like a bunch of tails, fins and a head ^^; It looks really neat though. As for the raven... I LOVE it. The legs are absolutely amaizing I might add xD I can't draw any animal's legs to save my life.

I think that each god should be bound to their planet, although maybe if "invited" they could travel to another's territory. And maybe instead of an ultimate god watching over the lesser gods, it can sort of be a force that's keeping them in check. May the force be with you. And, um yeah. Razz

Would we have to add this in the Dani Tours?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cimerii
Head Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Wed May 21, 2008 12:49 pm

yes this would definetly have to be added to the dani tour... Razz and the planets are in my folder I think... pretty sure I moved them over here anyway... Razz and night... how could ANYONE NOT like your art or ideas... Shocked that would be totally unamerican... (or ungerman, or uncanadian... just depends on where you are... rofl! Razz)

now anyway... if they're bound to their planets... the first one is obviously the tora keeper... and I suppose the second... *thinks* would be somber grove... my insane monkey... *shrug* there was a world I never finished... I suppose I could finish that one and have it match his personality... *shrugs* well... before we decide whether or not to bind them to a planet... we need to decide WHY they're there... the why will have a large impact on whether or not they should be only powerful on their planet...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swolfe
Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Wed May 21, 2008 6:11 pm

This is where I disagree again, Merii :< Sometimes there is no "why" or "how". Sometimes there just is and we can't argue with that xD Like, why are we on Earth? Why do we live and think and act the way we do? There's no real answer. We live on earth 'cause we just do. We think the way we do, because we just do. Why do we have to eat, drink and breathe? We just have to. Why do we die? Same answer ^^

For Christians, Jews and etc. why is there a God? Because there is and no one's complainin'. Smile

BUT, if you really think the Gods/Keepers/Guardians need a "why" then, I won't complain. More chances for us to think imaginatively and/or evilly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sprogog

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:58 pm

Have a name for the god if we have one! Zeraphon or Zerphon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chip-Dip

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:45 am

Phoenix wrote:
Sometimes there is no "why" or "how". Sometimes there just is and we can't argue with that xD Like, why are we on Earth? Why do we live and think and act the way we do? There's no real answer. We live on earth 'cause we just do.

We live on Earth because it can support Human life, and the other planets don't x3

Possibly because little teeny organisms could thrive on this planet because of the thick foliage that created the atmosphere so breathing was possible to circulate blood through their bodies. And because water was also available for drinking so they keep the water in their bodies which takes up a large portion of it. Hoomans = 80% watah. Plus, they liked gettin' it on xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryu
Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:33 am

x3 Chip, I love you.

=3 Or, since this thread IS about God and all, he got bored one day and decided to make we mortals. ;D And me and Cimmi. xDD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swolfe
Writer

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:33 pm

I can think up a lot of other 'whys' from that paragraph. We can have a sort of game...

:O I just thought of a game. *zooms off*

A Little Piece of Heaven - Avenged Sevenfold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something weird   

Back to top Go down

Something weird
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zerapia :: General :: Suggestions-
Jump to: